Thursday, December 23, 2010
I needed a quick dinner to make for a larger group since I was spending time with the family. Pasta served family style is usually my go-to recipe. The recipe is from Silver Spoon, its always good and you can't go wrong. Just remember to use a big enough frying pan or sauce pan. I always miss judge this. Even this time around I had to switch to a larger pan so I didn't make a mess tossing my pasta.
1 cup pancetta (I used 1/3 a pound)
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 shallot, finely sliced
2 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb spaghetti
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup grated mixed cheeses (parmesian, belgioso romano)
4 tablespoons parsley
1 cup dry white wine
- Set a large pot of water to boil with about 1 Tbs olive oil and a few good shakes of salt for the pasta. Cook pasta al dente. Normal spaghetti I do 7-8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking add about a Tbs of olive oil to a large frying pan and heat over mwdium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until just barely brown.
- Add onions and shallots, sauté until they are translucent.
- Add meat and cook until meat is not quite cooked.
- Add white wine and simmer on low heat.
- Mix eggs parsley and half of the cheese mixture, set aside.
- Strain pasta and add to frying pan with the meat/onion mixture.
- Toss well while adding the egg+cheese+parsley mixture gradually.
- Put pasta in a preheated serving bowl and sprinkle some more cheese on top along with some fresh ground black pepper.