"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." - Luciano Pavarotti

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finis Coronat Opus


My brother qualified for the geography bee last week. At first I had never heard of a geography bee. A spelling bee, yes...geography...no. Perhaps I didn't pay attention in the 7th grade. Anyhow, my mother pulled out a world atlas guide for him to start studying or at least looking over. I got a hold of it and was fully interested in the variety of flags. I had no earthly idea that Nepal had such a unique flag or that Libya could just use solid green as theirs. My favorite so far has to be Seychelles (Left). Let me start by saying that I had no idea where Seychelles was. I decided to test my family and see if they knew what the smallest country in the world was...Vatican City. My dad was off a bit and agrued that Vatican City was not a country. Looking it up we found that it is in the fact the smallest country, and a little ways down the list I saw Seychelles yet again. Upon googling I found that it is a set of islands in the Indian Ocean. Looking at the map it is kind of off the coast some ways from Africa, above Madagascar. Yup, just sitting out there in the Indian Ocean, being seemingly beautiful. Anyone want to go and stick our feet in the water? Home to the tiger shark though, so be careful. Looks like a great place for a honeymoon, but if I could go anywhere I think I'd jump on over to the Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace, which is located in the south-eastern edge of Le Bourget Airport, 10 km north of Paris. I'd like to see the fragment remains of Antoine de Saint Exupérys plane, then I'd die a happy little girl. More about that another time, because I've got to go finish packing for THAILAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment